For week six of our graphic design inquiry project we focused on the importance of layout & composition in a project. We watched this video on how to properly organize the different components of graphic design projects & here are the 5 points we learned!
- Proximity- using visual space to show relationship
- make sure related items are grouped together to make work easier to read/understand
- White space- helps define & separate different sections
- don’t be afraid to use it!
- makes sure your work remains uncluttered
- Alignment- how each item in your design lines up
- inconsistent alignment makes your work look messy
- Contrast- difference in text, colour, proximity, size…
- helps catch the readers eye & emphasizes important items (& make these stand out)
- Repetition- every part of a project should have a consistent look & feel
- Makes your work easier to read because the viewer knows what to expect
Paying attention to details like these is what will make your graphic designs stand out among others! For more videos on graphic design, click here!